The Vilas Home
The Samuel F. Vilas Home
The Samuel F. Vilas Home has been operating as an adult care home in the city of Plattsburgh, NY since 1888. The Vilas Home boasts over 130 years of history and is a beautiful example of Queen Anne architecture. It was the founder's mission that the home always take in the elderly and care for them compassionately. It is with this mission in mind that Eli and Emily purchased The Samuel F. Vilas Home in 2019.
The Expansion and Revitalization of The Samuel F. Vilas Home
Currently The Samuel F. Vilas Home is undergoing a massive expansion in size and care. Ready in Summer 2023, the new and improved Vilas Home will be open for move ins. We are taking a small, unequipped adult home with just 42 beds, and turning into something that will house the elderly for generations to come.
Renovations and changes you will see are:
- Bedroom suites that will have private bathrooms and kitchenettes
- A secure memory care unit
- Therapy rooms and exercise rooms (we even have a pool!)
- Ice Cream Parlor and Game Room
- The latest in technology for assisted living care
- A courtyard and other lovely outdoor spaces
Please contact us today if you are interested in becoming a resident in the new and improved Vilas Home!